7 nights/8 days tour
What it is included:
- Complimentary ground transportation from Santa Maria Novella Train Station located in Florence to your hotel in Chianti and return-trip ground transportation on our scheduled times from your hotel in Chianti to the Florence Santa Maria Novella Train Station. Times outside of this can be accommodated on a user pay basis.
- 7 nights accommodations at one of our 4 star hotels in Radda located in Chianti.
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 2 hosted dinners at local restaurants, including selected wine.
- All event fees, wine tastings, museum entrance fees, sightseeing activities and admissions, unless indicated as optional (trips may include many optional activities on a user-pay basis).
- Italian luxury cooking class.
- 7 days Vespa usage, fuel and limited Italian property damage insurance (driver responsible for all damage to the scooter).
- All English speaking local host, Vespa escorts, support van and driver.
- Pilot van each day, great to carry your purchases or if we have inclement weather or if you choose not to ride your Vespa for part or all of the tour.
- Local native tour guide fluent in English.
4 stars hotel - Classic double room 8 days / 7 nights € 3,390 per person
Passenger with provided driver extra € 100 per day
Passenger only with partner € 50 per day discount
Single room ask for price - Deluxe room ask for price - Superior room ask for price - Suite ask for price.
7 Nights/8 Days Basic: The following is a sample itinerary and subject to change
- Day 1: Meet guests in Florence and transport to Radda in Chianti where we base our tours. Hosted arrival dinner.
- Day 2: We will stop in the Piazza of Greve, where there has been an open market in this “square” since the 1500’s. Next we will go to Panzano, located halfway between Florence and Siena. It is a small, attractive hill town. We will have lunch here in a local restaurant before an afternoon of wine tasting at Castello di Albola and a visit to their historic cellars
- Day 3:Today you will ride the Chianti country side with stop at a winery, where you will have a gourmet lunch with wine tasting and olive oil tasting as well as a tour of the grounds and cellars. Here you will taste a range of delicious Chianti along with other reds during the course of your lunch. Along the way we could stop at a famous ceramic shop
- Day 4:Today is history day with a 90 minute ride to Volterra another walled hilltop town which boasts a Roman theater and Etruscan sites. Lunch will be in a local trattoria
- Day 5: Today we will ride to Monteriggioni, Castellina and Volpaia. Montereggioni appears much as it did in medieval times with an almost intact outer wall and 14 towers. Castellina is another hill town where we will visit the Via Della Volte, an ancient tunnel used by guards. Then you will have lunch on the terrace of a beautiful winery from where you will enjoy the view of the vineyards . Volpaia is declared “the world’s most beautiful spot” by the Wall Street Journal.
- Day 6:This is Culinary Day. After breakfast, we’ll take a ride to one of Tuscany’s most renowned chefs for a half day cooking class. You’ll discover the secrets of the “Slow Food” movement and Italian cuisine as you create a variety of dishes.
- Day 7:On the last day of Vespa riding we will go to San Gimignano, which is known for its many towers and considered by many to be the most beautiful Tuscan medieval village. Lunch on your own as you tour the town at your leisure. The dinner this evening is at a famous local restaurant, giving everyone a chance to reminisce about the week’s adventures and celebrate the many surprises we all experienced.
- Day 8: Complimentary transfer to Florence for the rest of your stay in Italy, or to make connections.